Monday, July 7, 2008

This week's messsage by Campaign Leader

Message by Rev Law Hui Seng, photo by William Ting, posting by James Wong.

Dear brothers and sisters of GMC and especially those of you who have signed up for the 40 DOP,

Praise the Lord, we are now in the second week of the campaign. I can see that we are all empowered by the Holy Spirit to begin over 20 Small Groups. I also see that this is something like what the early apostles experienced after they were filled by the Holy Spirit - they met at homes and devoted themselves to fellowship, prayers and studying the Word of God. This is what GMC should experience all these years. We need to pray that most of these groups will continue to be on fire and continue to make disciples after the 40 days.

Praise the Lord, He empowers me to lead 4 groups and my wife, Julia leads a Mandarin-speaking group. I have the joy and excitement of making members to be disciples of Jesus. My prayer for them is that at the end of the day, all of them will find the life purposes for which God created them.

I pray that as you all have tested the powerful impact of the first seven chapters of “What On Earth Am I Here For?”, you are able to see the eagerness in yourself to continue to head on for the next 7 chapters on worship. I pray my sermon on Sunday has given you a very clear of what you are going to expect in the next 7 days. Do not forget to call one another to remind yourself and others to read a chapter a day. Your personal accountability will really make the 40 DOP much more exciting, meaningful, fulfilling and encouraging. At the end of the day, you will really appreciate one another for keeping accompanied in reading the book. We all need that as we so busy that we tend to forget.

I also pray as we meet in Small Groups, we take it as this is divine appointment. Everybody will treasure the fellowship and we are sensitive towards the needs of one another. We will only highlight and His gospel and nothing else. I pray for all the Small Group leaders that you all will have the wisdom to deal with all the challenges and needs arise.

God bless, Rev Law Hui Seng

No comments: