Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sharing from the pulpit: What On Earth Am I Here For?

Sharing by Amy Chong on June 29, 2008. Photo by William Ting, posting by James Wong.
We are now experiencing an alarming rise in the price of petrol which drives our cars. I started to wonder: What drives my life? The Purpose Driven Life book is a very appropriate book for me to study at this time. I want to be charged up and make a difference in my life!

It is common for us to go for self-help books or surf the internet to find answers and knowledge. They may bring us success to a certain extent, but they are not fulfilling our life’s purpose. If we want to know our life’s purpose, the easiest way is to ask God, the creator. It all starts with God. Our time on earth and our energy, intelligence, opportunities, relationships and resources are all gifts from God that He has entrusted to our care and management.

The Bible says:“Those who are trusted with something valuable must show they are worthy of that trust.” (1 Cor 4:2).

We should also be mindful that if we are not using what God has given us, He can take it away from us. I was Sunday School Praise and Worship coordinator. I didn’t know music - so I learned the songs from tapes. Regrettably for many years down the road, I did not use the vocal talent God had given me. I won’t let such opportunity escape from me now I have participated in the 40 DOP!

Let us all embark on this 40 Days Of Purpose with great expectation and bring all glory to God in our everyday life.

No comments: