Monday, July 28, 2008

Sharing from the pulpit: MINISTRY

Sharing by Grace Len, photo and posting by James Wong.

I've been here in Miri for two years now. Sis Wendy first brought me to this church. Being a Christian for almost 15 years now, I've backsliding until God called me back early this year. Since I've been faithfully attending GMC and my life has been transformed. At that point of time, I was just attending church; listening and receiving God’s word. I had wanted to catch up with everything that I have missed out over the years. Many of the things I have learned about God have almost been forgotten. But I know that all I needed to do is just to hold on to His Word and Promise for me. One Sunday God spoke to me through Pastor Law’s sermon. God had wanted me to serve Him, to do His work. He wanted me to live my life in accordance to the faith I have received from Him. But I told God, ‘..I just came back to You, after all these years. I do not know anything and my knowledge is limited. How can I serve You? I am not ready yet.’ I doubted my ability and knowledge, in what I can do for Him. But God said to me, ‘Yes, this is true but You have nothing to offer to me, except yourself and You heart. That is all I want- a willing heart.’ That is only what God had wanted from me!

Then I took a bold step and talked to Pastor after his sermon. I told him, ‘Pastor Law, God has given me a gift and I want to serve Him. But I do not know anything. Can you help me?’

And since that day, since that decision, my life has changed. When I truly humble myself before God, accepting my inadequacy and offer Him my heart, can God work in me and use me. Not only have my faith been strengthen, I am more certain now of what God had intended for me, His will for my life. It is for this reason I am created by God- to bless others just as how He had blessed me. Later somehow God has open up rooms for me to serve Him. I started teaching in the Sunday school in the Tudan preaching centre. The fellowship and the encouragement I get from the people there is truly amazing and it strengthen my faith much more. During my first lesson, I was totally lost, being uncertain of what needs to be done, and then two little girls in the class came up to me. They called me,
"Teacher, let us help you. We want to serve here. Can you make us the class monitor and assistant monitor?"


I was shocked. I thank God for them. God had known that I will need help and He gave it to me. What was more amazing was; at the end of the class, the older girl quietly whisper to me, she said:
"Teacher, I am usually not as brave as this in school but only here in the church, because I want to help." At that point I can only thank God for the amazing thing He has done. Even till now, they are still offering me their help. Their passion and eagerness is truly an encouragement. I can only be humbled by God’s grace. I find that serving God is a two-way thing. We give and receive at the same time. Someone once said,
"Never mind the differences between people and the things you think you can or cannot do because at the end of the day, God sees our heart. He sees your heart."


Brothers and sisters, if today God has spoken to you and you are touched by this testimony, I urge you to take that bold step, like what I did. You will be amazed at how much God can work through you and how much changes you will see in your life and the life of others that you have touched.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear sister Grace Len,
Praise the Lord for the life impact sharing on ministry. I believe that Jesus is very please about your commitment to Him. Those children are going to be transformed by your life ministry.

Bro James Wong and team,
Praise the Lord for your great dedication and all the effort put in for the ministry fair. Your perseverance in this campaign has made a difference for Jesus.
God bless.
Pastor law