Monday, July 14, 2008

Sharing from the pulpit: FELLOWSHIP

Message by Wong Sing Ngii, photo and posting by James Wong.

I learned that we were made for relationship; to love God (worship) and to love other people (fellowship). The Christian life involves more than believing; it also involves belonging.

God created us and wants us to be part of His family.


1 Timothy 3: 14, 15, “…I am writing to you … so you will know how to live in the family of God. That family is the church of the living God…”


The five characteristics of developing and deepening relationship with others have impacted are :1 Authenticity - 2 Courtesy - 3 Mutuality - 4 Encouragement - I have a special child, Phoebe - a slow learner as compared to other child of her age. My wife and I were greatly comforted, encouraged by Pastor, brothers & sisters. Thereafter we are able to bless other parents with special children as well. I would like to thank Bro. James Wong for encouraging me to take up Discipleship I at the end of last year. We need a spiritual partner encouraging in his or her quiet time, faith and spiritual growth. I truly experienced the hospitality of two sisters. A few brothers and I were invited for regular meal with them. We’re relaxed and opened to share and encourage each other. 5 Unity - Roman 12: 16, “Live in harmony with each other. Do not be proud but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.” Now I am able to say “I am wrong”, “Forgive me” and “Sorry” without fear or hesitation. Relationships take time and sacrifice.

No comments: